We are glad you are here and we hope this place and these people feel like home to you. Whether you are a first time guest or a regular attender, we are better with you here. We are #TogetherForTheGood. Use this information to stay connected, follow along, and engage your faith and the community during the week. Feel free to explore this site to learn more about our church and liturgy.
Sunday March 3, 2023 | third sunday in lent
Our main text for today is from Mark 12:13-17.
Potluck after gathered worship next week. Bring something to share.
Order your shirts here.
Church building work day
Saturday, March 16, 2pm.
Saturday, March 23, 10am. Lunch to follow. Whether you can attend or not, if you consider us home, please fill out this survey: CLICK ME.
Join our Signal messaging group to keep up to date and be in contact more regularly.
Children’s Church Schedule
If you’d like to be added to or removed from this schedule, talk with Sarah W.
- 3/3 – Nikki, Scott
- 3/10 – Family Worship
- 3/17 – Kristin, Maggie
- 3/24 – Family Worship
Hospitality Bar Schedule
If you’d like to be added to or removed from this schedule, talk with Chris.
- 3/3 – Allie
- 3/10 – All Church Meal
- 3/17 – Cheryl
- 3/24 – Sarah T.
If you like to read ahead to prepare for our gathered worship times, these are the texts we are planning to explore.
For daily Scripture readings that work through the story of Scripture, click here.
- 3/3 – Mark 12:13-17 – Taxes to the Emperor
- 3/10 – Mark 12:28-44 – The Great Commandment
- 3/17 – Mark 13:1-8, 24-37 – The Son of Man Comes
- 3/24 – Mark 11:1-11; 14:3-9 – Triumphal Entry and Anointing
We focus prayers on the needs of our community both as a congregation and outside our walls. Each week we ask you to pray for the ministries and health of a church in our city, as well as a group of people who are likely to need the extra prayer support.
Wichita Area Church: Calvary United Methodist Church
Special Focus: This week let us remember the doubting, the skeptics, those who have been wounded in churches, and those who are struggling in faith.
We encourage you to find ways to engage your faith beyond Sundays. The things we focus on and the actions we take help form our faith, values and lives. We sometimes post suggested practices on social media on Mondays, but we also encourage you to:
- Read through the bible in a year with The Story that Changes Everything. A brief, daily podcast to help you navigate each daily reading. More information here.
- Do you like podcasts? Here are a couple that we listen or have listened too on things of faith. You may not always agree with them, they come from a variety of backgrounds, but they can help you grow and stretch your faith.
- Forward Movement – Multiple podcasts for daily prayer or devotional reading from the Episcopal Church. Podcasts are a great way to add prayer and reflection to your daily spiritual practice. Listen on your morning walk, evening commute, or anywhere in between.
- BEMA – The BEMA Podcast is a walk-through of the context of the Bible and the Text itself, as well as surrounding history. We deconstruct our common readings of the Bible and attempt to reconstruct them through the lens of historical context.
- The Bible for Normal People – A weekly podcast talk show having serious talks about the sacred book. Hosted by Peter Enns and Jared Byas.
- Bible Worm – A weekly look at the Narrative Lectionary text we look at in our worship gatherings. One host is a Christian pastor and one is a Jewish rabbi.
- Spend time in prayer (private, out loud, journaling, whatever) about what new thing(s) you’d like God to do in your faith, life, church, community? What might it look like for you to work toward these things? What new things have you experienced in the recent past?
If you are new or have questions about our church we’d love to connect with you. Text CONNECT to 316.333.7275 or click this link to start the conversation. You can also reach out on social media and at [email protected]
If you’d like more information about what happens in our gatherings, click this link here.
We believe in living a life of generosity as individuals and a faith community. We long to be a resource for the needs of our city and world through radical generosity. We invite you to follow Jesus and worship God through giving as you are able – and we commit to sharing those resources in ways that benefit those who need it.
You can give financially via website, by texting GIVE to 316.333.7275, or by placing cash or check in the giving box by the door.